November 7, 2019 – Principal’s Corner
Dear Hale community,
This Friday marks the end of the first trimester. The end of each trimester is a great time to pause and reflect about the work that has happened. Here at Hale, we recognize the importance of celebrating the victories, even the small ones. Students have so much to be proud of, and we love to hear their celebrations. Take some time this week to talk with your child about this past trimester. Feel free to use some of these questions in your conversation:
- What are you most proud of this trimester?
- How are you different now than you were in August?
- What is one thing you are excited about coming up in the second trimester?
- How can I (the parent) help you be successful this trimester?
Winter is here!
Is your child dressed for the weather? Sometimes kids like to scoot out of the door in the morning without gloves, hats and boots. With snowy and cold weather so quickly upon us, make sure your child has a warm coat, gloves and hat on them when they leave for school. Snow pants and boots are needed if your child wants to play in the snow. Otherwise, students remain on the blacktop that is cleared of snow. When the wind chill index reaches below zero degrees or when precipitation causes outdoor activities to be extremely uncomfortable, recess is held indoors. So remember to help your child dress for the cold, winter weather.
Performers needed for Multicultural Event 2020
Each year the District 54 Department of Language and Culture, along with the Schaumburg Park District, presents a Multicultural Event showcasing the diversity represented by students in District 54. They are looking for groups and individuals who are interested in performing at this year’s event on Saturday, March 7. Applications for performances will be accepted from November 14-26. An informational meeting will be held at 3:30 on Tuesday, November 12 at the Rafferty Administration Center, 524 E. Schaumburg Road, Schaumburg, for those who would like to apply early. Click here to access the application for the 2020 District 54 Multicultural Event. You can also apply by visiting the District 54 website or by requesting a form from our building secretaries.
Windy City Bulls District 54 Takeover Night – January 10, 2020
The Windy City Bulls will host a District 54 takeover night on Friday, January 10 at the Sears Centre Arena in Hoffman Estates, and a portion of the proceeds from each ticket purchased will be donated back to the District 54 Education Foundation. Click here for more information or to purchase tickets for the Windy City Bulls District 54 Takeover Night
The District 54 take-over night will feature District 54 students participating in performances and other on-court experiences before and throughout the game, and a District 54 Special Olympics basketball match at halftime.
Schaumburg Parent University (SPU)- November classes
- Schaumburg Parent University (SPU) is designed to involve more parents in the life of the school, to strengthen family relationships, and to improve parenting skills that will ultimately result in improved student success academically, socially and emotionally. There are two evening programs scheduled for November. Please note that child care is always available.
Steps to Changing a Child’s Behavior – November 11
- Greta Nielsen, LCPC, NCC, Clinical Director and Psychotherapist at Clinical Care Consultants, will share tips, techniques and tools to build parenting skills and positive relationships with your children. Learn ways to encourage and empower your child to independently problem-solve and feel good about themselves. Minimize power struggles and tantrums, while improving communication. You will walk away with strategies for encouraging positive behaviors and stopping the negative ones by developing both natural and logical consequences. Be the effective parent you want to be by bringing calm, joy and respect to your home. This class will take place from 6-7:30 p.m. Monday, Nov. 11 at the District 54 Professional Learning Center, 522 E. Schaumburg Road, Schaumburg (enter through Door C1). Adults only. Click here for the SPU Child Behavior Flyer
ABCs of Family Fitness – November 21
- Most of us think about ABCs in terms of reading and writing. This class, guided by Melt Pilates and Yoga owner, personal trainer and yoga instructor Shannon Tampa, will focus on Abs, Biceps and Core. Support your child’s social emotional success by ensuring they stay healthy, challenged and engaged during this quality family time! This class will take place from 6-7 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 21 at the District 54 Professional Learning Center, 522 E. Schaumburg Road, Schaumburg (enter through Door C1). Click here for the SPU ABCs of Fitness flyer
- To register please visit the Click here to access the SPU Online Form or for more information, contact Meg Kwak at 847-357-6586 or email@example.com. Leave your name, contact information, the number of children needing childcare (free) and your child’s school.
Important Upcoming Dates
Nov. 8 – End of First Trimester
PTA Movie Night @ 6:30
Nov. 11 – PTA meeting @ 6:30 in the library
Nov. 21-22 – Holiday Shop
Nov. 27 – 29 – Thanksgiving Break- No School
Brian Kaszewicz Jenny Clark
Principal Assistant Principal