2019-20 Nathan Hale Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
Arrival and Dismissal Procedures (NEW)
At Hale, our number one priority is to ensure the safety of all 475 plus students. With their safety in mind, we have established new arrival and dismissal procedures. We look forward to partnering with you to ensure these procedures are followed.
- There is no adult supervision prior to 8:25 a.m. Therefore, students should arrive at school no earlier than 8:25 a.m. unless students are attending a club or study session established ahead of time with a Hale staff member.
- Our morning drop-off traffic pattern will remain the same as previous years. If you are dropping off a student from the parking lot, please come in the east entrance, turn left into the second aisle of the parking lot, proceed west to the drop-off area and leave via the west exit. Staff members will be outside to facilitate the process. Please have students prepared to exit the passenger side of your vehicle once it comes to a complete stop. Please do not put your car in park, our staff members are happy to assist your student with exiting your car.
- If you would like to drive and walk your child to the doors, you must find a parking spot (not an aisle). Please do not send your child to walk through the parking lot alone, as this is a safety concern, use the crosswalk, and please do not ever walk in between the buses. Parking on a side street and walking down one of the paths would be the best option.
- When the doors open at 8:25 students in grade K-4 will enter through the west front door (#2) and students in 5-6 will enter through the east front door (#9). Students in our ASD program will be met by a staff member at their bus in the back of the building and will enter through the east front doors.
- The parking lot will close to all vehicles except busses at 2:50 or 2:20 on Wednesdays.
- Due to an increase in the number of busses and safety concerns, there will no longer be parking available behind the building or in any of the aisles. If you arrive before the parking lot closes, you will only be able to park if you can find a parking spot. Once parking spots are filled parking will be available on Braintree, Milton, and Country Club Roads. There will no longer be parking available in any of the Hale parking lot aisles. (Please see map)
- The lanes in front of the school, the aisle on the east side of the building, and parking in the back will be used for our busses only.
- Walkers will exit through the back northwest door and students taking a bus will exit through the front of the building.
- The best option for parents picking up students will be to park on the nearest side streets (Braintree, Milton, or Country Club Road) and use the designated paths and crosswalks to pick their children up from the back of the building).
Thank you for your cooperation and assistance in keeping our students safe.