August 6, 2019 – Principal’s Update
We hope you are enjoying a wonderful summer filled with time spent with friends and family. We can’t wait to hear about all your summer adventures. We have been hard at work preparing for you. Please read the information below carefully so you can enjoy all the fun opportunities at Hale as we start what is sure to be another great school year.
In order to ensure your child is placed in a classroom for next school year, please make sure you have completed the registration process. Students who are not registered will not be assigned to a classroom. Call the office if you have any registration related questions at 847-357-6200.
You will receive an email notifying you of your child’s teacher no later than August 9th, for all first through sixth grade students. This year we will be creating our kindergarten classes as we go through screenings, therefore kindergarten teacher assignments will not go out until Wednesday, August 21. As you know, the staff has worked diligently to place every child in an environment which best suits his/her learning needs; therefore, placement changes will not be honored.
The Hale office is now open from 8:00AM-3:30PM each day until August 16. Beginning August 19 the office will be open from 7:30AM-4:00PM. Please note, the office will be closed on Thursday, August 15 until 1:00PM as the staff will be participating in a professional development opportunity to better serve our students. The office will be open during regular hours on Friday, August 16.
School Supply Lists
Stores have had their school supplies ready since the beginning of July. If you need a copy of our supply list, please visit our website Click here for a printable version of the 2019-2020 School Supply List.
A Reminder to Parents of Incoming Sixth Graders
A packet was mailed home in January regarding health requirements for entry into the sixth grade. A current physical examination is required for entry into the sixth grade. All children entering sixth grade must show proof of receiving 1 dose of Tdap, 3 hepatitis B vaccines, 2 doses of varicella vaccines and 1 dose of meningococcal conjugate vaccine. Please have the Certificate of Child Health Examination (sixth grade physical examination form) completed by the physician and documentation showing proof of required vaccines and return it to the school nurse by the first day of school in August 2019.
Please mark these important dates in your calendar:
- Thursday, August 15 from 5:00–7:00 pm.- Back to School Night and 50th Anniversary Celebration
- We hope to see you on August 15th for our Back to School Night and to celebrate Hale’s 50th Anniversary. Classrooms will be open from 5:00-5:30 and 6:30-7:00 for supply drop off. Classrooms will be closed from 5:30-6:30 so that we can all come together to celebrate Hale’s 50th Anniversary. Even though our kindergarten students will not have their class assignments yet we encourage families to join us for our 50th celebration, join in PTA activities, and meet our Hale community.
- We are partnering up with WINGS, a domestic violence shelter, to help provide summer pajamas for women and children who enter their shelters. We will be collecting brand new summer pajamas, all sizes, for women and children at our Back to School Night/50th Anniversary Bash on August 15th! Look for the donation boxes when you drop off your school supplies!
- Monday, August 19 – First Day for all students in grades 1-6.
- Monday, August 19th is the first day! Teachers will greet their students with signs on the blacktop beginning at 8:25. Busses will unload in the front of the building and students will join their teachers on the blacktop next to the park. Walkers and those dropped off by car will also meet their teachers on the blacktop.
- Wednesday, August 21 – Kindergarten Meet the Teacher and Supply Drop off
- With our change this year to kindergarten class lists coming out until after our Back to School night we will be hosting a Kindergarten only meet the teacher on Wednesday, August 21 from 5:00-6:00.
- Thursday, August 22 – Curriculum Night
- Be sure to join us for or annual curriculum night where you will hear an overview of all the amazing things in store for your students and family this school year. We will share a schedule with you as we get closer to the day.
- Monday, August 27 – First day of School for Kindergarten Students
- Teachers will greet the kindergarten students with signs on the blacktop beginning at 8:25. Kindergarten students on busses will be greeted by staff and escorted to the blacktop to meet their teachers. Be sure to join PTA in the gym after dropping off your child for some donuts and conversation. They will be on hand to answer any questions you have about our amazing Hale PTA.
We are excited to welcome everyone back in the coming weeks.
Brian Kaszewicz Jenny Clark
Principal Assistant Principal