October 12, 2017 – Principal’s Corner
Dear Hale community,
We want to thank everyone for attending student-led conferences last week. The partnership between the school and parents is vital to the success of our students. Please feel free to reach out to at any time if there is anything we can do to support your child.
Click here for the latest edition of the Hale Hotline.
With Halloween approaching, we wanted to share details about the day’s celebrations. Please read the attached letter for the all of the logistics for our school parade and classroom parties. Halloween Letter
In choosing an appropriate costume for your child to wear at school, please keep the following in mind:
- No weapons or “look-alikes” of any kind
- No fake blood, gore, scary costumes or costumes depicting violence
- Be certain that your child can see through any mask or head covering
- No one may wear make-up or costumes to school in the morning
Online Report Cards and Parent Portal Updates
District 54 launched an online report card at the end of last school year. Everyone who has a parent portal account will be able to see their children’s report cards online by November 21, 2017. All parents and guardians who have not previously created a portal account but have supplied District 54 with an email address will receive an email during the first week of October with a direct link to sign up for the portal. If you do not receive an email but would like to create a portal account, please contact our office. If you are unable to access the parent portal and require a paper copy of your student’s report card, please contact our office.
Schaumburg Parent University – October classes
Schaumburg Parent University (SPU) is designed to involve more parents in the life of the school, to strengthen family relationships, and to improve parenting skills that will ultimately result in improved student success academically, socially and emotionally. There are two evening programs scheduled for October.
- Back-to-School Power Moves. Former Illinois PTA President Matthew Rodriguez will provide tips for parents to help support learning at home. This presentation is for adults only, but free childcare is available. The program is from 6 to 7 p.m. Oct. 12 in the District 54 Board Room, 524 E. Schaumburg Road, Schaumburg. Presented in cooperation with the Schaumburg Township Council of PTAs.
- Escape Room: Family Math Night. Parents and children in kindergarten through sixth grade will use math and logical thinking to unlock clues and solve problems. This hands-on activity will be held from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Oct. 25 at the District 54 Professional Learning Center, 522 E. Schaumburg Road, Schaumburg.
If you are interested in attending these free events, please click on the links. For more information about Schaumburg Parent University and to register, visit our website at http://sd54.org/spu.
District 54 Education Foundation – Upcoming Support Opportunity:
Throughout the month of October, when you dine at Salata at 140 E. Golf Road in Schaumburg and “salute” the District 54 Education Foundation at checkout, 15 percent of your bill will be donated to the Foundation.
Thank you to everyone who supported the Foundation last month by dining at Lou Malnati’s in Schaumburg and to everyone who attended the Schaumburg-Hoffman Lions Club and Schaumburg A.M. Rotary Club Foundation’s Trivia for a Cause event. We are so appreciative of the community partners who help us make a difference in the lives of District 54 students!
To learn more about the Foundation, visit www.d54foundation.org.
October 11 Family Fun Night (Last names A-L)
October 17 Donuts with Dad
October 18 Family Fun Night (Last names M-Z)
October 27 Gym Jam (Grades 4-6)
October 31 Halloween parade and parties
November 6 Picture Retake Day
Have a great rest of the week.
Brian Kaszewicz, Principal Holly Schlicher, Assistant Principal