August 4, 2017 – Principal’s Corner
Dear Hale community,
We hope you have had a great summer and have been able to relax and enjoy some time with your family and friends. The Hale staff is excited to start the 2017-2018 school year with you and your children. The dedicated teachers and staff at Hale have been hard at work this summer attending trainings and planning meetings to make sure we have a successful year. The information below should help as you prepare your child for a successful year.
School Office Hours
- The Hale office will be open beginning August 4th from 8:00-3:00 each day until August 18th. Please note the building will be closed August 17th at 11:00am.
- Beginning August 21st the office will be open from 7:30am-4:00pm.
- Teacher assignments will be mailed home. These letters will arrive by the end of next week.
- Please make sure you have registered your children to ensure your child receives a placement letter.
- Registration now requires all students to prove residency which is new for the 2017-18 school year. Students who are not registered will not be sent a classroom placement letter.
Back to School Picnic-Thursday, August 17th
- Come by anytime from 5:30-7:00PM to visit your classrooms and drop off your school supplies.
- 2017-2018 Supply List
First Day of School
- The first day of school for students in 1st -6th grade and all ASD students will be August 21st.
- Kindergarten students will begin on August 28th.
- On the first day of school all classroom teachers will meet their classes on the blacktop on the west side of the building before heading inside to start the day.
- On a typical school day the students will enter the building through the front doors around 8:25.
- We are aware of the Solar Eclipse that is happening in the afternoon of August 21st. At this time we are working with District Office to determine the safest way students can experience this special event.
Curriculum Night-Thursday, August 24th
- Classroom presentation will be given at two times 6:00-6:45 and 6:50-7:35. Please note that each teacher will be repeating the same presentation during both sessions to allow families with more than one child at Hale to have an opportunity to attend the presentation at different grade levels.
- This is a parent’s only event for all grades levels.
We are looking forward to a great 2017-2018 school year!
Brian Kaszewicz, Principal Holly Schlicher, Assistant Principal