Good Afternoon Hale Community-
The fall weather as definitely arrived hopefully the weather will hold out for our Halloween parade on Friday.
Attached please find the latest edition of the Hale Hotline. Hotline10-29-14
Halloween is just around the corner. Here are a few reminders.
- All costumes must be school appropriate. The expectations for everyday dress are applied to costumes.
- The annual parade will begin at approximately 12:45 p.m. Weather permitting, students will be parading around the block from school to Braintree, then Milton, then Country Club to the path to come back to school. If it does rain, the parade will be in the building going through the gym for parents to view. In this event, we will open the doors at 1:35.
- The classroom parties will run from 1:45-2:45. All room volunteers have been confirmed. You will not be permitted to attend the parties unless previously arranged with your room representative.
Veteran’s Day is a time to remember those who have fought for our freedom. This year we will be doing a Veteran’s Day board in the front Hall of the school. If you have a loved one that fought or is currently in the military please send in a picture in an envelope with your child to the office marked Veteran’s Day by November 5th. Please be sure that your child’s name and room number are on the back of the picture so we may return it to your family safely. Forms will be sent home with students later this week.
Thanksgiving is a time to reflect on all the things we are thankful for. It is also a great time to give to those in need. In the spirit of giving, Dooley and Hale Elementary Schools are teaming up and hosting a Turkey Trot to support the District 54 Food Pantry.
This one-mile family fun run/walk will take place on Thursday, November 6th at 5:00p.m. at Dooley Elementary. The Trot is open to family, friends, and students at Dooley and Hale Schools. Admission to the Trot is a minimum of three nonperishable goods per person. Hope to see you there. Gobble, gobble!
Please see the attachments for information about how school closing will be communicated with families. School closing sources of info in English1-Page 1 2014- Revised School closing sources of info in Spanish-Page 2 1 -2014- Revised
Schaumburg Parent University – November Classes
Schaumburg Parent University (SPU) is designed to involve more parents in the life of the school, to strengthen family relationships, and to improve parenting skills that will ultimately result in improved student success academically, socially and emotionally. There are two classes scheduled for November.
- Family Fitness Night on Nov. 13 at Stevenson Elementary School: While the music is pumping, families will choose different stations to work their muscles and learn about at-home fitness opportunities.
- How to Build a Better Plate on Nov. 19 at the District Office: Alexian Brothers Lead Clinical Dietician Kirsten Johnson will talk to parents and guardians about how to eat right, plan right and shop right.
If you are interested in attending either event, please see the attached flyers. Childcare will be available. For more information about Schaumburg Parent University and to register, visit our website at http://sd54.org/spu. Schaumburg Parent University presents Family Fitness on Nov. 13 Schaumburg Parent University presents How to Build a Better Plate – Nov. 19
Brian Kaszewicz Ken Haase
Principal Assistant Principal
- On Thursday, Oct. 30, Districts 54, 211 and 15 will hold a public forum at Schaumburg High School. At this forum, district representatives will share specific information about how Senate Bill 16 will impact our schools.
- On Tuesday, Oct. 21, State Sen. Matt Murphy and Reps. David Harris and Tom Morrison will host a legislative forum on Senate Bill 16 at the Metropolis Performing Arts Center in Arlington Heights.
Good Afternoon Hale Community-
I hope you have had a great summer and have been able to relax and enjoy some time with your family and friends. The Hale staff is excited to start the 2014-2015 school year with you and your students. The dedicated teachers and staff at Hale have been hard at work this summer attending trainings and planning meetings to make sure this is our best year yet.
Class placement letters have been mailed out and should be arriving at your homes in the next few days. Included with the letters(and available on the website) you will find information about Back to School Night (Nathan Hale PTA Party on the Blacktop), spirit wear order forms (Flyer Order Form), the Hale science fair (Science Fair Flyer 2015) and a supply list (14-15 supply list).
Please note the following important upcoming dates:
· Thursday, August 14th, Information Day: On this day from 9:00AM-12:00 PM and 6:00-8:00 PM, you may drop off any registration information, physical paperwork, and pay consumable fees.
· Monday, August 25th – Back To School Night
Come by anytime from 6:00-8:00PM to visit the classroom and drop off all of your school supplies.
· Tuesday, August 26th – First Day of School for 1st – 6th Grade Students
· Thursday, August 28th –Curriculum Night Kindergarten-6th Grade Parents
Starting at 6:00 there will be a short meeting in the gym followed by classroom presentations. The classroom presentation will be given at two times 6:20-7:00 and 7:10-7:50. Please note that each teacher will be repeating the same presentation during both sessions to allow families with more than one child at Hale to have an opportunity to attend the presentation at different grade levels.
· Tuesday, September 2nd – First day of School for Kindergarten Students
We are looking forward to a great year. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at 847-357-6200.
Don’t forget Information Day is August 14th from 9:00am – 1:00pm and/or 5:00pm-7:00pm